Sunday, May 29, 2011

My First Paid Gig

I answered a Craigslist ad for an artist that wanted someone to snap a few photos of his art work on display in Sarasota. It was a piece at the Embracing Our Differences exhibit (photos of the exhibit were featured on the earlier post). The artist wanted a few photos of his work for his website and offered fifty bucks for the whole deal. Figured I'ld see what I could do and if he liked what I produced. So, I went down to Island Park and took some photos.


The work is 'Mandala' from Eric Carson. His other works are pretty cool featuring religion, politics, and other similar subject matter. His site  is here: http://ericcarson.com/

While I neglected to ask about being given credit for the photos I suppose it doesn't really matter since I did get paid (that is important). Next time I'll know that I will need to ask about credit out right. So, I got to take some photos, got some cash, and learned a lesson. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment