Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Walk Through Mabel Davis Park in Austin, TX

While walking Ghost one of the few days we arrived in Austin I stumbled upon a large field that looked, at first, overgrown and neglected. Until I realized that it was a park of some sort and thanks to a few signs I learned that it was a wild flower area.


Never before have I encountered such a sight. A place in a developed neighborhood set aside and unspoiled. Nature was allowed to grow and flourish with only a few paths for us humans and dogs. I love this park with it's long meandering red clay paths that lead into a small forest where, as I learned yesterday, deer like to play.


While I didn't manage to get a photo of the deer (believe me I have plans to go back just for this purpose) the fact that I did see one is, in itself amazing. Austin, so far, seems to be a nice blend of nature and man which is a refreshing change of pace from what I have been accustomed to during my time in Florida.




No comments:

Post a Comment