Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cute Overload

These Lalaloopsy dolls are about the cutest thing that's come out for kids in a while.


It's a welcome relief from all those horrible Moxie dolls (I can not tell you how pissed I am that those little slut dolls are named Moxie!) Sure, there is definitely some subtle sexual appeal to these dolls. The one my boyfriend bought for me is a school girl made from a patch of a school girl's uniform and all the dolls have a slight Lolita aesthetic about them. (oddly enough that's who I'm going as for Halloween; Ms. Dolores Haze). Anyways, I am in love with Lalaloopsy.


The idea behind the dolls is this: Each one is a ragdoll that has come to life. They were all made from a scrap of some kind of clothing; like the school girl's uniform and they each have their own personality and an animal companion. The doll I have is Bea Spells'alot and she is some what a smartypants her companion is obviously an owl.


These dolls feel super sturdy almost indestructible. Which gives it a nice heft and weight to it. The doll's heads are top heavy which is an absolute most for a doll to be achieve that ridiculously cute level. And, hello, button for eyes!!


I love this doll is really the bottom line. I'm planning on doing a week long photo project featuring Miss Bea Spells'alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment