Monday, June 6, 2011

A Perfect Day for Bananafish Bread



I love making banana bread. I've been using this simple recipe I found online and just love it. The bread is always moist with a great texture and taste. 

So, here's the recipe I use:
  • 3 or 4 Bananas. Make sure they are all soft and the peels are horrible and black.
  • 1/3 cup butter. The original recipe calls for melted butter but I use super softened butter instead. 
  • 1 cup sugar. With this particular loaf I was running low on sugar and only used 3/4 with no ill effects.
  • 1 egg. Beaten! Beat that egg!!
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • A bit of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
Preheat the oven to 350.

Smash the bananas in a large bowl. I don't smash them completely but enough. Mix the butter in with the bananas to create a buttery banana goop. Mix the sugar, egg, and the vanilla to the goop. Then mix the baking soda and salt in. Last add the flour and mix your heart out!!

Put the goop in your loaf pan and bake for one hour. ONE HOUR! God it takes forever and after the thirty minute mark your kitchen is going to smell like banana bread and it is going to drive you crazy! But hold fast, refuse to peak and wait for that hour. In that time you can clean the kitchen, the house, do laundry, walk the dog or just smoke a joint but make certain that after that hour you pull out that loaf and behold the splendor that is Banana Bread.

I dubbed my banana bread Bananafish Bread because I'm a nerd. 


1 comment: