Monday, February 6, 2012

Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies!

I've been on a snickerdoodle kick lately and felt like making some more today....but I didn't really have a lot of sugar left. Instead, I made Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies! I'm glad I did they are delicious!

I found the recipe here: http://bakingbites.com/2011/03/brown-sugar-cookies/ and increased the amount of vanilla to a tablespoon instead of 2 teaspoons.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar 
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla extract



You're going to preheat the oven to 325 and cream the butter and sugar together. When you have a nice creamy mixture you'll add the eggs. 


Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda along with the salt next and then add that mixture to the sugar/butter.


Don't worry about making a mess...I never do.



Taste the dough! It'll be yummy.

\
Now, the key to a good sugar cookie is the pattern on the cookie itself. You MUST do this to ensure a proper tasting treat. I mean it, this is important. I cannot stress this enough. Take the time, get a fork and make a grid on every single cookie. 

Throw the pan in the oven and bake it for a few minutes until they are done. I'm not sure how long; I don't really time it when I make cookies. I guess I should start doing that....well just bake them until they're done.


TA-DA!

Enjoy the cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment