Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peacocks!


There are 3 peacocks that have taken up residence in my neighborhood. According to a nice gal that lives nearby they even have some chicks. It is thought that these birds escaped from the Sarasota Jungle Gardens which is just a few blocks from where I live.


My boyfriend and I first spotted the birds a few evenings ago while we took Ghost out for a walk. The next evening I grabbed my trusty camera and headed out to see if I could find them again. Sure enough I did.


I stalked them through the neighborhood, often kneeling in dirt and crawling in grass. I love doing stuff like this and always serves to revitalize my passion for wildlife photography. The birds let me get pretty close which was a thrill.


Shooting these birds also made me realize that it's time to upgrade my telephoto lens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment