Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Light Play part 1

My boyfriend and I got together and shot the following pictures. We were hoping to catch the use of darkness seen in Apocalypse Now. I was impressed by the introduction of Colonel Kurtz and blown away by the use of shadow and light all throughout the movie especially during the interactions with Kurtz.


'Arm Rest'

If memory serves 'Arm Rest' wasn't really an official shot but a moment of contemplation. The initial start up of the shoot went slowly but after this moment things went much, much smoother.

'By the Light'

The set up overall was pretty simple. One light source positioned off to the side and a tripod was used to compensate for the long exposure times that were needed to capture each shot. There was some post processing but mainly to accentuate areas with light and to convert the images into black and white. Other than that there was nothing fancy done to any of the images; save one: 'At the Wall'.

'At the Wall'

Probably one of my favorites from the entire shoot, 'At the Wall' is one of the most processed images I have ever done. I suppose to the folks who venture more on the visual art side of photography my use of simple layers and a filter is nothing, but I like to try to keep my stuff as natural as possible. (Nothing wrong with photoshop art...just not my cup o' tea.)

'The Heartbeat of the Jungle'


No comments:

Post a Comment