Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shopping Cart and Shopping Cart Wheel: A Tribute to The Road

My favorite book is The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Blood Meridian is a close second). I've read The Road at least five times and love it more and more with each reading. In it, a father and his son are traveling across a scorched Earth; one that the reader barely recognizes and is all that the boy knows. They use a shopping cart to carry their supplies; tarps, blankets, food; shopping cart is obviously a big part of their life; making it a bit easier on the father and connecting the man is a piece of life that he only sees in dreams.

They end up loosing the shopping cart, their supplies, everything they owned. The first time I saw a shopping cart alone and abandoned on the side of the road after reading the book I nearly cried. 



When I first snapped a picture of this shopping cart I didn't realize that my lens had fogged up. It had just rained and being in Florida, the humidity was disgustingly high. I had just stepped from inside my nice cool A.C apartment. I like the effect though; makes it seems a little ethereal.
















This one I decided to desaturate to get at least a hint of the feeling invoked throughout The Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment