Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adventures with Vultures

I woke up this morning and saw some vultures swooping pretty low. I peeked outside and saw a dead opossum in the street and a flock of vultures overhead. This started my day long quest to photograph some vultures. I love taking pictures of vultures. They are huge, imposing, ominous, and just awesome.


Unfortunately, none landed on the opossum since my road is just too busy and throughout the day the opossum vanished from it's location so I gave up and was content with the pictures that I did manage to get. I saw the vultures again closer to the evening and rushed out. This time there were about 20 in the sky. The opossum, apparently, ended up about two houses away. 

Due to my carelessness I scared what vultures were on the ground away but still managed to grab a few awesome shots.




Luckily, two rather stubborn vultures had landed on a fence and a light pole and I got great pictures of them.



I would've really liked to grab a few shots of the vultures eating the poor opossum but I spooked them too much and they never came back. Maybe tomorrow morning they'll be snacking away....I'm hoping so.

No comments:

Post a Comment