Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Harlock

This is Harlock.


We've been together for a little over a year now but we've been friends for years and years. There's something special about Harlock, something that makes him stand out from the rest. Together we live in a bungalow in Sarasota near the bay. Sometimes you can smell the water from our street when the wind is just right.


We used to talk about running off to the sea. We'ld find a small island and only come to the mainland for supplies. Once, we went to Key West to see Hemingway's place. It was the best trip I ever took. We have pictures taken right outside of Hemingway's studio and you can see his typewriter in the background. I've always loved Harlock and knew that he loved me too but I was too scared, too shy, too timid. 


Our birthdays are back to back, literally back to back; I'm on the 13th and he's on the 14th. A little over a year ago he told me that he loved me. From that point on we were able to be honest with each other, to share things that we were meant to share. We were able to be together.


And I'm the happiest, luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

  1. That last image has stupidly good bokeh. In fact, all these images are great. What lenses do you work with? I just got my cannon and I'm still learning -- it's rather overwhelming to start with, to be honest. @_@ Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete