Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When There's No More Room in Hell.....

Last night I did my first test shots of the Zombie Project with make up and chocolate syrup. By no means an end to the project or ideas for it I just wanted to see how the chocolate syrup would show up on....film...no I don't use film...well you get the idea. Anyways! I applied black eyeshadow to around my eyes and slathered chocolate syrup on my chin.


I experimented with poses, positions and lighting. The above shot was taken through this door with some windows. You can see part of my palm pressed against the glass. I didn't think about shooting at an angle to make sure that it was clear that the zombie was on the other side of a window.


Same door with windows but shot differently. While you can't see the chocolate syrup, erm, blood as clearly you can tell that there is a barrier between camera and zombie. I like this shot but would like to improve upon it.


This is my favorite out of what I shot. I like how the light is reflected off the "blood" and how the eyes are rolled back. I also love how the neck is lit. It reminds me of a Madonna painting with Mary looking up to the Heavens.


My attempt at a zombie walk-by. I like the pose and how the eyes catch the light. the hair is wild but looks a little too flat.

My main problem was the fact that I was not only the zombie but the photographer as well. So I was constantly running back and forth and couldn't get too far from the camera since I had to set the auto timer, stand in front of the camera, focus, and shoot. I need zombie bodies!

I like how the idea is shaping up at least and when I do get more people it should be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment